Get the Peace of Mind Only an Experienced Attorney Can Provide
BALTIMORE DUI ATTORNEY
Arrested for Drunk Driving in Maryland?
If you have been charged with DUI in Maryland, underage DUI, or felony DUI, work with Baltimore DUI attorneys who possess the skills and experience you need to preserve your record, retain your license, and avoid expensive fees.
Scheuerman Law, LLC will fight on your behalf to ensure that your side of the story gets heard. Our Baltimore DUI lawyers can help you put this incident behind you so that you can get on with your life.
Some benefits of choosing our Baltimore DUI firm:
- We help protect your future, freedom, and driver’s license.
- We offer affordable and tenacious legal advocacy for every client.
- We have 50 years of combined legal experience and a solid record of results in courts throughout Baltimore.
- We never back down and always fight for you, in and out of court.
Working to Help You Avoid DUI Penalties
DUI cases are not always predetermined to end with you facing consequences. We understand the proven strategies to help lessen any penalties.
There may have been problems with a number aspects of the arrest, such as:
- The Breathalyzer machine
- The procedure of the arresting officer
- The criteria used to pull you over
Don't take it as a foregone conclusion that you will face ongoing hardships because of your DUI arrest.
The first step is to establish the facts, from multiple perspectives. From here, we work tirelessly to build a defense around the specific circumstances of your case. When you have the truth on your side, you can confidently enter court. Make sure you have the representation you need to protect your rights.
Our firm can help you fight your DUI charges in hopes to help you:
- Keep your right to drive
- Avoid convictions and probation
- Keep your record clean
- Avoid fines exceeding $1,000
- Stay out of jail
How Much Does a DUI Cost in Maryland?
The cost of a DUI in Maryland can vary depending on the circumstances and the severity of the offense. Some of the costs associated with the cost of a DUI can include:
- court costs
- legal fees
- alcohol education or treatment
- license reinstatement fees
- increased car insurance rates
- ignition interlock device
The total cost of a Maryland DUI could exceed several thousand dollars in addition to the legal and personal consequences of a DUI conviction.
What is the Penalty for DUI in Maryland?
In the state of Maryland, you can face the following penalties for DUI depending on the circumstances surrounding the case and if you have had prior DUI convictions within the previous ten years.
Possible penalties for DUI include:
- First offense: up to 1 year in jail and up to a $1,000 fine.
- Second offense: up to 2 years in jail and up to a $2,000 fine.
- Third offense: up to 5 years in jail and up to a $5,000 fine.
Felony DUI Penalties in MD:
- Charged with the third DUI in 10 years.
- Caused an accident where others were hurt.
- Blood alcohol content above 0.20%.
- Driving 20 mph (or more) over the speed limit.
- Passengers 14 or younger in the vehicle.
Can I Expunge a DUI in Maryland?
It may be possible to have a DUI expunged in Maryland, but the process is complex and the requirements are stringent. According to Maryland law, DUI convictions that caused serious bodily injury or death do not qualify for expungement. Additionally, if you've been convicted of another crime since your DUI, you will not qualify.
In order to be eligible for expungement, the following criteria must be met:
- Complete all terms of your sentence
- No pending criminal charges or other criminal convictions
- Wait a period of time after the DUI conviction before filing
- 3 years from the date of the disposition, if found guilty.
- 3 years from the completion of any sentence, if there was a plea agreement or you received a probation before judgement.
Once you meet the above criteria, you can file a petition to expunge your DUI conviction from your criminal record. Your petition must be filed with the court that handled your DUI case and include specific information about your case.
How Long Does a DUI Stay On Your Record in Maryland?
A DUI conviction will remain on your record for five years. However, some offenders may face longer periods of time. The consequences of a DUI conviction can last far beyond what appears on your driving record.
Our successful jury trials and 13 years of prosecutor experience is what you need on your side.
We have 50 years of combined legal experience among our attorneys.
Every case is handled strategically with precision and preparation.
We're ready to take prosecutors, judges, and juries head-on for you.
Defending against charges takes skill, and we possess the keen ability to do so.
We go into a courtroom commanding a sense of confidence and readiness.
“If you want to win, you want Mark Scheuerman and his team.”- Anna O.
Find our FAQs here if you have questions!
Work with an experienced and dedicated DUI lawyer in Baltimore who can offer you a vigorous and comprehensive defense to ensure your case is handled in a fair and just manner. We have extensive experience handling DUI cases in Baltimore and the surrounding areas, and we are committed to providing our clients with the best possible legal representation.
Scheuerman Law LLC can help customers with DUI cases in a variety of ways:
- Provide legal advice
- Representation in court
- Work to negotiate plea agreements
Contact Scheuerman Law, LLC to discuss your case so we can begin building an effective defense on your behalf.