Get the Peace of Mind Only an Experienced Attorney Can Provide
Frederick Criminal Defense Lawyers
Fighting Traffic Tickets, DUIs, and Misdemeanor and Felony Charges in Frederick, MD
Scheuerman Law, LLC provides the legal representation you need to fight your criminal charges. Our team is comprised of highly skilled Frederick criminal defense attorneys intimately familiar with Maryland's legal system. We pursued the calling of practicing criminal law because we recognize that good people make mistakes or can even be wrongly accused of a crime.
Our passion is standing up for the accused and ensuring that their rights are protected during every stage of the judicial process. Recognizing the lasting and adverse impacts an arrest, charge, and conviction can have on someone's life, we do what it takes to seek favorable results for our clients.
Trust Our Frederick Criminal Defense Attorneys
Our criminal defense lawyers in Frederick have handled all types of charges. We are ready to take on cases involving DUIs, assault, homicide, disorderly conduct, domestic violence, drug crimes, theft crimes, sex crimes, kidnapping, and robbery, among others. Whatever your situation, our Frederick criminal lawyers want to hear your side of the story.
In any criminal case, the details are important. That is why our Frederick criminal defense attorneys will review everything with a fine-tooth comb to identify evidence the prosecutor might have missed or weaknesses in the State's arguments. By understanding what happened from your perspective, we can develop a criminal defense strategy tailored for you. With our Frederick criminal attorneys on your side, you stand in a good position to challenge the allegations against you. Don't fight criminal charges on your own. Let our criminal defense lawyers in Frederick fight for you.
Criminal Cases We Handle in Frederick, MD
Although you might have been charged with a crime, pleading guilty and suffering harsh penalties is not your only option. You can fight the accusations and seek to avoid or minimize the penalties. To do that effectively, it's best to have on your side a criminal lawyer experienced at taking on even the most challenging cases.
At Scheuerman Law, LLC, our team provides representation for all manner of criminal charges, including, but not limited to:
- Assault: We defend against first- and second-degree assault (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. §§ 3-202 and 3-203) charges.
- Homicide: Our team can fight first- and second-degree murder charges (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. §§ 2201 and 2-204), as well as manslaughter (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 2-207).
- Disorderly conduct: We represent those accused of obstructing the passage of others, failing to leave or obey an order to leave, or unreasonably making loud noises (Md. Code Ann. § 10-201).
- Domestic violence: We fight for individuals alleged to have committed an offense against a family or household member as defined in Md. Family Law Code Ann. § 4-501.
- Drug crimes: We challenge accusations of drug possession and distribution (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. §§ 5-601 and 5-602), prescription fraud (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 5-606), and possession of drug paraphernalia (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 5-619), among other controlled substances offenses.
- Theft crimes: Our team handles cases involving burglary, general theft (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 7-104), motor vehicle theft (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 7-105), and embezzlement (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 7-113), as well as related theft offenses.
- Sex crimes: We stand up for those accused of offenses, including but not limited to, first- or second-degree rape (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. §§ 3-303 and 3-304), sexual offense of the first, second, third, or fourth degree (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. §§ 3-305, 3-306, 3-307, 3-308), and sexual solicitation of a minor (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 3-324).
- Kidnapping: We provide defense to individuals charged with using force or fraud to carry a person in or out of this state (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 3-502)
- Robbery: Our team defends those charged with robbery (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 3-402) and robbery with a dangerous weapon (Md. Criminal Law Code Ann. § 3-403).
When you hire Scheuerman Law, LLC we'll help you understand the charge, possible defenses, and criminal justice process. We are here to ensure that your voice is heard.
Frederick DUI Lawyers
If you were charged with a DUI, choose Scheuerman Law, LLC for your defense. We will fight to protect your rights, freedom, and driving record.
Depending on the facts, various defenses can be raised to challenge accusations of driving under the influence.
For instance, there may have been problems with the:
- Arrest, or
- Chemical testing
Our DUI lawyers in Frederick will thoroughly examine your case to determine an appropriate course of action.
Why Do You Need a DUI Attorney?
If you're facing DUI charges, hiring a DUI attorney is not just advisable—it's crucial. Here's why:
- Legal Experience: DUI laws are complex and vary. A DUI attorney in Frederick, MD knows the specifics, ensuring your defense is tailored to the intricacies of local regulations.
- Personalized Defense: Each DUI case is unique and a skilled attorney will assess your situation, challenge evidence, and build a customized defense strategy.
- Procedural Navigation: Legal processes post-DUI arrest involve intricate steps. A DUI attorney ensures all documents are filed correctly and on time, avoiding pitfalls that could harm your case.
- Penalty Mitigation: DUI convictions can bring severe penalties and experienced DUI lawyers in Frederick, MD can negotiate for reduced charges or explore alternative sentencing options to minimize consequences.
- Negotiation and Trial Skills: Whether negotiating a plea or in court, a DUI attorney possesses the expertise to navigate proceedings effectively, aiming for the best possible outcome.
- Protection of Your Rights: Above all, a DUI attorney is your advocate, ensuring your rights are upheld at every stage of the legal process.
Facing DUI charges demands professional representation. A DUI attorney safeguards your rights, navigates legal complexities, and works toward the best outcome for your case. If you're in need of a DUI attorney in Frederick, MD, seek prompt legal assistance to secure your future.
Frederick Traffic Ticket Attorneys
A traffic ticket is not a small matter. Ignoring the citation or paying the fine can have substantial consequences later. You may be subject to significant fees, and your driving record and driving privileges may be affected.
At Scheuerman Law, LLC, we fight traffic tickets, including those issued for:
- Driving on a suspended license
- Driving without a license
- Hit and run
- Knowingly driving without insurance
- Moving violations
- Reckless driving
Schedule a Consultation with One of Our Frederick Criminal Lawyers
At Scheuerman Law, LLC, we zealously defend you and vigorously fight your charge. Our team delivers personalized attention and will give your case the care and focus it deserves.
Our successful jury trials and 13 years of prosecutor experience is what you need on your side.
We have 50 years of combined legal experience among our attorneys.
Every case is handled strategically with precision and preparation.
We're ready to take prosecutors, judges, and juries head-on for you.
Defending against charges takes skill, and we possess the keen ability to do so.
We go into a courtroom commanding a sense of confidence and readiness.
“If you want to win, you want Mark Scheuerman and his team.”- Anna O.
What are my rights after an arrest?
If you've been arrested, you have several rights, including the right to remain silent, the right to an attorney, the right to know the charges against you, and the right to due process. Your criminal defense lawyer in Frederick can ensure your rights are protected.
What happens if I'm charged with a crime?
You must go through the criminal justice system to seek a resolution. During the process, a prosecutor working on the State's behalf will attempt to prove that you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Your defense attorney will present evidence to counter their arguments.
What's the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor?
Felonies are more serious crimes than misdemeanors. They carry harsher penalties, including longer terms of incarceration and higher fines.
Can I go to jail for an offense?
For certain crimes, the court may impose jail or prison time upon a conviction. However, depending on your case, you might not be subject to this punishment. If the State cannot meet its burden, you cannot be penalized. However, if you are found guilty, your attorney may be able to argue for lesser sentencing, such as probation or alternative sanctions.
How can a criminal defense lawyer help me?
A criminal defense attorney will fight to protect your rights. They will review your case and develop a defense to challenge the accusations against you. An attorney can seek a favorable outcome on your behalf, such as getting an acquittal or having charges dropped or the case dismissed.
Do I need a lawyer if I plan on pleading guilty?
Yes. Your Frederick criminal attorney can help you understand your charge and the implications for pleading guilty. They can also discuss avenues that can be pursued to seek the best possible result.
When should I hire a criminal defense attorney?
Contact a Frederick criminal lawyer immediately. Your attorney needs time to evaluate and analyze your case. Retaining their services right away will allow them to prepare a comprehensive defense for you.
Will my case go to trial?
Although many criminal matters are handled out of court, we cannot say for sure whether yours will be. If your case cannot be settled through a plea bargain or charges are not dropped nor the case dismissed, you may have to go to trial.